Search Now

Recommendations

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ram Mynampati, Interim CEO, Satyam Computer Services Limited


I am shocked and distressed by the disclosures coming from the organization. I can certainly understand and empathize with the pain that every one of you would be going through based on the events of today.

The Board has requested that I assume the role of the Interim CEO to ensure the sustenance of the operations of the organization.

The Board will meet as scheduled on January 10 to discuss the issues that we have already communicated as well as actions emanating from the events of today.

The most important thing, I believe, we need to address is the interest of the stakeholders – our associates, our customers and the suppliers.

The entire senior management team has come together not only to assess the impact of the disclosures but also to take specific steps to ensure continuity of operations across geographies.

I am confident that with the senior management team with me we would be able to quickly put the issues behind us and ensure continuity of our operations and our services delivered to our customers.

I also want to mention that the events today would largely be limited to one specific organization and should no way be construed as issues relating to the broader Indian IT industry, which continues to thrive and succeed in a broader competitive landscape.

I also want to assure you that we will do everything that we can as an organization to ensure that the stakeholders’ interests are protected and addressed. I would request your understanding and cooperation as we continue to confront challenging times for us.

Thank you.